WHAT’S HAPPENING NOW
- to increase awareness and decrease stigma
- to provide support to those suffering and those effected by mental illness
- to develop a conversation in the community about mental illness
- to decrease suicide in the Houston Jewish community
- to promote and train the community in Mental Health First Aid
Need help now?
At this time last year, Greater Houston’s Jewish community was beginning to come to terms with the fact that its young adult population was suffering from a “suicide epidemic.” As many as nine Jewish Houstonians, all under the age of 36, had died by suicide over the course of a year-and-a-half.
Three life-saving suicide prevention strategies have proven to be more effective and less expensive than usual care given to…
Life is all about how you think. Success or failure, however you define them, will only amplify your thought processes, especially unhealthy patterns of thinking.
Public health experts are looking more closely at the issue of suicides in small towns.