What’s Happening Now
Participants will learn how parts of the brain are affected by high-risk behavior and how high-risk behavior arrests key adult brain development. In addition, participants will learn how to prevent loved ones from engaging in high-risk behavior.
- to increase awareness and decrease stigma
- to provide support to those suffering and those effected by mental illness
- to develop a conversation in the community about mental illness
- to decrease suicide in the Houston Jewish community
- to promote and train the community in Mental Health First Aid
Life is all about how you think. Success or failure, however you define them, will only amplify your thought processes, especially unhealthy patterns of thinking.
Public health experts are looking more closely at the issue of suicides in small towns.
Netflix’s “13 Reasons Why” offers a well-intentioned message about being kinder to others and asking for help when you need it, but some suicide prevention experts say the series could do more harm than good.